Ordering under 5 metres? Head on over to Surface Designs to shop online!
SX-3067 Citrus Transparent Dichroic Film
SOLYX SX-3067 Citrus dichroic polyester film is designed for application to interior glass surfaces. This film is made of multi layered durable Polyester for color shifting special effects. The total nominal thickness is 2.0mil. This film is manufactured with a silicone liner, which protects the clear pressure-sensitive adhesive, and is applied using the same tools and techniques for applying standard window films. This Dichroic films Colors shift as the viewing angle changes. The colors when viewed with light behind (Daytime looking from inside to outside) are Yellow, Orange, Magenta. When viewed with less light behind the film (Daytime from outside) the color is reflective Gold.
This product will be free from defects in material and manufacture for a period of years from the date of installation. See warranty information for specific details.
Architect & Specifier Support
Glass Films offer a range of tools for the architecture, interior design and specification sector. We have partnered with industry leading bodies such as the BIID & RIBA to make it easier than ever to specify our products in buildings. Take a look at the NBS Plus syndication tool below and visit the links on the right of this page to find out more information.
Contact Information Glass Films
Tel: +44 (0) 800 970 6366
Email: [email protected]
- Green Card Squeegee
- Professional Squeegee
- Quality Trimming Knife with 12-point snap off blade
- Spray Bottle
- Tape Measure
Add 1 part washing up liquid, to 20 parts water into a spray bottle with a fine mist setting.
Be sure to protect where applicable paintwork and surfaces from the installation fluid.
Cleaning the Glass
- Spray area with a fine mist of your installation solution.
- Thoroughly clean the glass with a lint free cloth or glass scraper, removing all debris.
- Wipe the top edge of the glass. (This stops any water running down the glass after squeegeeing)
- Squeegee the glass dry using the professional squeegee.
Preparing your material (1-2 person)
- Using a pair of sharp scissors, cut the material roughly to size (We recommend 20mm extra on the Width and Height to allow the material to be cut to the shape of the glass) It is also advisable to make sure the Top of your film is straight and in line/square with any pattern.
- Spray Hands with Installation Fluid as to not mark the adhesive with fingerprints.
- Remove the protective liner to expose the adhesive layer. (It may help to place two pieces of masking tape either side and pull apart to separate)
- Spray the adhesive layer with the Installation Fluid liberally, to ensure there are no dry spots.
Installing the material (1-2 person)
- Spray Installation Fluid onto the glass, further reducing the possibility of a dry spot.
- Facing the adhesive side of the film to the glass, place the top edge of the material onto the top edge of the glass and position accordingly, the washing up liquid should allow you to move the material on the glass.
- Once happy with the positioning and the film is flat to the glass, spray the non-adhesive side of the glass film with the installation fluid.
- Starting from the Middle/Top, with your professional squeegee, push the water out towards the edges, and then down the middle with a liberal amount of force. This should create a T shape which creates a seal. (Note: If you encounter resistance between the film and squeegee, simply apply more of the application fluid.)
- Dry the top edge of the film.
- The material should be sealed in place, you can then with your Green Card Squeegee, and Snap off Knife, trim the film to the shape of the window.
- Place the Green Card Squeegee on the film and against the edge of the glass, then place the blade of your knife against this. This will guide your knife and protect your window frames and gaskets. Note: Making a diagonal cut between the corner of the glass and excess film prevents creasing the corner of the material while trimming.
- Once trimmed, continue to remove the water, working from the centre seal outwards in overlapping motions with your Professional Squeegee. This ensures the maximum removal of application fluid.
- Use your Green Card Squeegee wrapped in a non-abrasive cloth to remove any remaining bubbles, always using the shortest path to the edge.
- Gently dry the edges and the face of the film.
- Avoid cleaning the material for the first 30 days, this will allow the film to completely cure to the glass.
- Water bubbles are a factor in window filming that can not be avoided. Depending on the tools and pressure applied, you may remove up to 95% of the application fluid. The remaining 5% due to surface tension will form small bubbles and if left alone, will completely dry. This process normally takes no longer than 30 days but can take up to 60 days depending on the quality of installation.
- A very small clear borer should be visible between the edge of the film and the frame. This is normal and is integral to the installation process as it allows the removal of the water.
- Once your new film has completed the curing process, we would recommend you clean the film with non-abrasive clothes and mild soapy water. Please avoid abrasive pads and industrial strength cleaners.
STANDARD FIVE YEAR WARRANTY AND LIMITED REMEDY: DECORATIVE FILMS FILM PRODUCTS WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIAL AND MANUFACTURE FOR A PERIOD OF FIVE (5) YEARS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.
- Decorative Films, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING, CUSTOM, OR USAGE OF TRADE. User is responsible for determining whether the film product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user?s method of application. If the film product is proven to be defective within the warranty period stated above, your exclusive remedy and Decorative Film?s sole obligation shall be, at Decorative Film?s option, to replace the ORIGINAL SOLYX product or refund the ORIGINAL purchase price of the SOLYX product. In no event shall Decorative Films, LLC be liable for any labor or installation costs of replacing the film product.
- Warranty does not cover any damage to film during installation or any issues resulting from the improper installation of films.
- All films are to be inspected within 7 days of receipt and also prior to installation.
- SOLYX Films can be cleaned with SimGlas Cleaner or a mild soapy water solution and a soft cloth.
- Proof of Warranty is your invoice.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES AND LIABILITY : Except where prohibited by law, Decorative Films, LLC will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the SOLYX product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including contract, warranty, negligence, or strict liability.