Ordering under 5 metres? Head on over to Surface Designs to shop online!
SGV-6605 SimRain. A polyester film that simulates rain on glass. A self-adhesive film that is easily removable. This film provides semi privacy and high light transmission. SGV-6605 SimRain film is made of durable cast PVC film. Recommended for application to interior and exterior glass or Plexiglas/Polycarbonate sheeting.
SGV Window Film FAQs
We’ve answered some of the most common questions about purchasing our textured window films within the SGV category below.
If you don’t see your query, please get in touch with our customer service team by calling us on 0800 970 6366 or email us at [email protected].
What Are SGV Patterned Window Films?
Our SGV patterned window films feature a cluster of designs that all achieve window privacy. Some of the textures we’ve visually replicated include diamonds, flowers, glue chip glass, ice cubes and rain. Within each of these options, the textured look will provide varying qualities including window privacy. This may be down to the patterns created, or simply the layered application of the pattern on the window film.
For any project which requires window privacy combined with a highly stylised look, SGV window films contain endless options to explore.
How Do SGV Textures Help Achieve Privacy In Window Films?
If we consider the look of plain glass it is usually fully transparent. SGV textured window films contain patterns and detail. Most also have frosted elements within the design. When our SGV window films are applied to transparent window glass (or any other suitable glass surface) the textures and effects all help to turn that transparent glass into opaque glass. The actual levels of privacy will depend on the style selected with low, medium and high privacy levels to choose from.
Therefore, our SGV textured window films can solve many of the issues that a lack of window privacy creates.
How To Apply Window Film
All of our window films are supplied with installation instructions which you can also find on each product listing. While a few accessories are required to fit window film, the process is designed to be very straightforward.
How To Frost A Window
Frosted windows can be achieved in three ways. Although, only frosted window film which we stock here at Glass Films offers a truly convenient solution. The two other non-suitable options include frosted window spray, which can create a mess and is also difficult to remove from the window glass itself. Google searches for ‘can you undo frosted glass’ and ‘is frosted glass spray easy to remove’ certainly attest to this! Finally, you can also replace your windows and choose glass which has a frosted effect applied. Though this is the most expensive option and can also cause disruption to your home or building.
Can Lights Be Seen Through Frosted Window Film?
Yes. The aim of frosted window film is to reduce the transparency of the window but not completely block out the light. Frosted window film has variable light transmission and you can see details of this listed on each product. If you are in search of window film which reduces light transmission completely, a style such as SXV-9-1003 Black Gloss Opaque may be more suited to your needs. We also stock other types of window films with varying light reducing or solar properties.
What Does Fleur De Lis Mean?
Fleur De Lis (also known as Fleur De Lys) translates to mean lily flower or flower of the iris. It has many positive associations including loyalty, fidelity and nobility.
Can You Tell Me More About Glue Chip Glass?
Our SGV-6607 Frosted Glue Chip replicates the look of glue chip glass within the format of a window film. Glue chip glass is a decorative type of glass that boasts a unique texture and appearance. It is created by applying a specialist type of glue to a glass surface and allowing that glue to dry or shrink. As the glue shrinks the surface of the glass cracks and this achieves unique patterns which can mimic the look of frost or ice crystals.
The original way of achieving the look of glue chip glass is both complicated and messy. However, our frosted glue chip window film creates this same look in seconds. Plus, you can remove the window film without damaging the original window glass.
What Are Some Unusual Window Film Styles?
Window films are available in various colours, patterns, textures and even special effects. On this page you’ll find our SGV window films. In addition, you may also be interested in our Speciality Window Films or Stained Glass Window Films. If you’re looking to add a splash of colour to your windows our Dichroic Window Films are just the ticket.
What Is Window Texture?
In our textured window films (including our SGV window films), each style replicates the visual look of various textures. We commonly associate texture with the physical difference in touch it creates. However, most textures also have differences in how they visually look too. By replicating the look of texture within window films, window privacy can be achieved. Also, the style of the window can be instantly switched up to suit any environment, decor or mood.
This product will be free from defects in material and manufacture for a period of years from the date of installation. See warranty information for specific details.
Architect & Specifier Support
Glass Films offer a range of tools for the architecture, interior design and specification sector. We have partnered with industry leading bodies such as the BIID & RIBA to make it easier than ever to specify our products in buildings. Take a look at the NBS Plus syndication tool below and visit the links on the right of this page to find out more information.
- Green Card Squeegee
- Professional Squeegee
- Quality Trimming Knife with 12-point snap off blade
- Spray Bottle
- Tape Measure
Add 1 part washing up liquid, to 20 parts water into a spray bottle with a fine mist setting.
Be sure to protect where applicable paintwork and surfaces from the installation fluid.
Cleaning the Glass
- Spray area with a fine mist of your installation solution.
- Thoroughly clean the glass with a lint free cloth or glass scraper, removing all debris.
- Wipe the top edge of the glass. (This stops any water running down the glass after squeegeeing)
- Squeegee the glass dry using the professional squeegee.
Preparing your material (1-2 person)
- Using a pair of sharp scissors, cut the material roughly to size (We recommend 20mm extra on the Width and Height to allow the material to be cut to the shape of the glass) It is also advisable to make sure the Top of your film is straight and in line/square with any pattern.
- Spray Hands with Installation Fluid as to not mark the adhesive with fingerprints.
- Remove the protective liner to expose the adhesive layer. (It may help to place two pieces of masking tape either side and pull apart to separate)
- Spray the adhesive layer with the Installation Fluid liberally, to ensure there are no dry spots.
Installing the material (1-2 person)
- Spray Installation Fluid onto the glass, further reducing the possibility of a dry spot.
- Facing the adhesive side of the film to the glass, place the top edge of the material onto the top edge of the glass and position accordingly, the washing up liquid should allow you to move the material on the glass.
- Once happy with the positioning and the film is flat to the glass, spray the non-adhesive side of the glass film with the installation fluid.
- Starting from the Middle/Top, with your professional squeegee, push the water out towards the edges, and then down the middle with a liberal amount of force. This should create a T shape which creates a seal. (Note: If you encounter resistance between the film and squeegee, simply apply more of the application fluid.)
- Dry the top edge of the film.
- The material should be sealed in place, you can then with your Green Card Squeegee, and Snap off Knife, trim the film to the shape of the window.
- Place the Green Card Squeegee on the film and against the edge of the glass, then place the blade of your knife against this. This will guide your knife and protect your window frames and gaskets. Note: Making a diagonal cut between the corner of the glass and excess film prevents creasing the corner of the material while trimming.
- Once trimmed, continue to remove the water, working from the centre seal outwards in overlapping motions with your Professional Squeegee. This ensures the maximum removal of application fluid.
- Use your Green Card Squeegee wrapped in a non-abrasive cloth to remove any remaining bubbles, always using the shortest path to the edge.
- Gently dry the edges and the face of the film.
- Avoid cleaning the material for the first 30 days, this will allow the film to completely cure to the glass.
- Water bubbles are a factor in window filming that can not be avoided. Depending on the tools and pressure applied, you may remove up to 95% of the application fluid. The remaining 5% due to surface tension will form small bubbles and if left alone, will completely dry. This process normally takes no longer than 30 days but can take up to 60 days depending on the quality of installation.
- A very small clear borer should be visible between the edge of the film and the frame. This is normal and is integral to the installation process as it allows the removal of the water.
- Once your new film has completed the curing process, we would recommend you clean the film with non-abrasive clothes and mild soapy water. Please avoid abrasive pads and industrial strength cleaners.
STANDARD FIVE YEAR WARRANTY AND LIMITED REMEDY: DECORATIVE FILMS FILM PRODUCTS WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIAL AND MANUFACTURE FOR A PERIOD OF FIVE (5) YEARS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.
- Decorative Films, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING, CUSTOM, OR USAGE OF TRADE. User is responsible for determining whether the film product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user’s method of application. If the film product is proven to be defective within the warranty period stated above, your exclusive remedy and Decorative Film’s sole obligation shall be, at Decorative Film’s option, to replace the ORIGINAL SOLYX product or refund the ORIGINAL purchase price of the SOLYX product. In no event shall Decorative Films, LLC be liable for any labor or installation costs of replacing the film product.
- Warranty does not cover any damage to film during installation or any issues resulting from the improper installation of films.
- All films are to be inspected within 7 days of receipt and also prior to installation.
- SOLYX Films can be cleaned with SimGlas Cleaner or a mild soapy water solution and a soft cloth.
- Proof of Warranty is your invoice.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES AND LIABILITY : Except where prohibited by law, Decorative Films, LLC will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the SOLYX product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including contract, warranty, negligence, or strict liability.